Jerry's Off-road Go-Kart Project

 The part I hate most. Sandblasting!! Actually in this case coal slag blasting. It took me from 9:30 to 11:30 in the morning to get it blasted. Since the upper cage was new bare metal I didn't blast it.

 Due to law suits over the hazards of silica dust sand is no longer used for blasting. As you can see the coal slag leaves a nice black residue everywhere.

 The finished job ready for cleaning and paint.

 Bottom view of the blasted floor pan.

I masked off the bottom and sprayed it with rubberized undercoating. It may not stay on but I thought I'd give it a try.

Frame all painted and ready for assembly.

Tanner helped me install the rear axle then we got it on the floor and I started the final assembly.

The steering is all back in place and assembly continues.


Next Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous